|Economic value generated|
|Economic value distribution|
|Operating costs||HK$ million||4,872||5,053||5,848||5,796||6,058|
|Employee wages and benefits||HK$ million||1,669||1,786||2,082||2,360||2,825|
|Payments to providers of funds ||HK$ million||4,613||5,434||132||138||75|
|Payments to government ||HK$ million||785||1,099||1,512||1,093||1,810|
|Financial donations||HK$ million||3||2||3||5||4|
|Economic value retained*||HK$ million||4,540||4,781||10,692||11,600||14,051|
- Economic performance data was extracted from AAHK’s audited consolidated financial statements.
- Since the year ended 31 March 2015, no dividend has been declared pursuant to the financial arrangement plan for the three-runway system project.
- Hong Kong Profits Tax paid to the HKSAR Government.
- *'Economic value retained' is derived by subtracting 'Operating costs', 'Payments to providers of funds' and 'Payments to government' from 'Economic value generated', given that 'Operating costs' includes 'Employee wages and benefits' and 'Financial donations'.
|Passenger traffic||Millions of passengers||60.7||64.7||69.7||70.5||73.6|
- Total number of passengers includes originating, terminating, transfer and transit passengers. Transfer and transit passengers are counted twice. The number of passengers broken down by passengers on international and domestic flights is not relevant for AAHK as all passengers are classified as international. Origin-and-destination and transfer and transit data is not reported as it is considered commercially sensitive.
|Waste sent to landfill (absolute)||Tonnes||21,167||21,934||23,422||25,373||26,642|
|Waste sent to landfill (intensity)||kg per passenger||0.349||0.339||0.336||0.360||0.362|
|By employee category|
|Professional / Managerial staff||Number||463||507||565||722||908|
- The scope of total employees in 2017/18 has been revised to include temporary staff and exclude employees of AAHK's wholly owned subsidiary, HKIA Precious Metals Depository Limited, in order to align the scope and numbers as disclosed in AAHK's Annual Report. The figures between 2013/14 and 2016/17 remain unchanged and the scope included employees of HKIA Precious Metals Depository Limited and excluded temporary staff.
|Employee volunteers †||Number||104||90||225||237||210|
|Volunteer hours contributed †||Hours||1,406||1,165||1,767||1,154||998|
|Volunteer activities organised †||Number||9||5||9||9||5|
- †AAHK employees serve the community by participating in the volunteer activities organised by AAHK’s social service group. Volunteer hours include the hours contributed by employees and their guests.