Conducting surveys at the airport requires prior written approval from the Airport Authority Hong Kong. To minimise impact on passengers, airport operations as well as business activities at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA), non-aviation related surveys will not be accepted.
To help us consider your survey application(s) carefully, please submit the following information:
- Completed Survey Permit Application Form;
- Sample questionnaire; and
- A name list of interviewers.
Please fax the above documents to the AA’s Corporate Communications Department at +852 2188 7120 for processing.
Application processing time
If all relevant information and documents have been provided, a Survey Permit will normally be granted in less than 14 working days after receipt of the application. Large or complicated projects requiring special arrangements may require more than 14 working days to process.
Successful applicants are required to pay the AA a deposit of HK$5,000.00 for conducting a survey at the Airport. The deposit must be paid before a Survey Permit can be issued.
Please make payment directly to the AA's HSBC account
Account name: Airport Authority
Account number: 004-600-356133-001
Please quote "Survey" as a reference
If you wish to pay by cheque, please make it payable to the "Airport Authority" and forward it to:
The Treasury Department, Airport Authority Hong Kong
1 Sky Plaza Road,
Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau,
Note: Post-dated cheques are not accepted.
The company shall take out and maintain throughout the survey period third party liability insurance with an indemnity limit of HK$10 million for any one incident but unlimited in any one period and on the terms and coverage and by the insurer as approved by the AA. Evidence of such insurance should be submitted to the AA before the survey can commence. The evidence should be in the form of an executed insurance policy or certificate of insurance or cover note issued by the insurer including the following information:
- Name of the insurer: If the certificate / cover note is issued by the insurance broker, the name of the insurer, shall be provided.
- Description of the scope of coverage: The insurance shall cover the insured's legal liability for third party bodily injury, death and property damage.
- Name of insured: The policy shall cover the sponsoring organisation, research agency and any other companies involved in the survey.
- Limit of liability: The limit of liability of HK$10 million shall apply to any one incident. An aggregate limit for any one period of insurance will not be accepted by the AA.
- Activity covered: The insurance shall cover the survey.
- Geographical area: The insurance shall cover the activity at the airport.
- Policy deductible: The policy deductible shall be provided for our review.
- Period of insurance: Commencement and expiry dates of the insurance cover shall be provided.
Collection of working permit(s)
The interviewers appointed by the permit holder are required to report to HKIA’s Customer Services Centre on Level 7 of Terminal 1 before and after a survey is conducted.
A working permit will be issued to each interviewer after his/ her identification is verified. Interviewers must wear the permit(s) during the survey period for identification purposes. All the working permits must be returned to Customer Services Centre after use.
Permit holders are required to purchase "Smile Stickers" from HKIA before the survey can begin. Interviewers are expected to give a sticker to each of the interviewees after finishing the interview – a measure designed to thank people for their cooperation and eliminate the risk of them being bothered a second time.
Applicants will be charged for other expenses (such as Airport Restricted Area Permits, additional manpower, etc) incurred during the survey.
For further enquires, please call +852 2188 7923.