Manager, Procurement and Contracts (Ref: PROJ13-0052-W-01)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and executing the procurement of capital works and contract administration of design and construction contracts in compliance with the Authority’s procurement policy and project management procedures and in close liaison with internal stakeholders and external consultants. His/her responsibilities will include:
- Formulation of procurement strategies for capital works projects
- Design phase cost management including vetting of design reports, preliminary cost estimates, cost plans and pre-tender estimates
- Preparation of complete tender document packages for design and QS consultancies and construction works contracts including review of consultants’ deliverables
- Management and administration of the prequalification and tender assessment process, carrying out tender analyses and preparation of tender reports
- Preparation of tender assessment queries, letters of clarification and letters of acceptance for contract award
- Contract administration including but not limited to settlement of final accounts as well as ensuring completion within budget and compliance with the contract
- Bachelor degree with professional qualification in Quantity Surveying (such as HKIS or RICS) or related discipline
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in procurement and contract administration of major multi-disciplinary construction projects
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua is an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and project management software tools
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Contracts Engineer
Interested parties please send the applications (including full career details, salary history and expected salary) to our Human Resources Department and quote the reference code on the application.
Human Resources Department
Airport Authority Hong Kong
L2, HKIA Tower
1 Sky Plaza Road
Hong Kong International Airport
Lantau Island, Hong Kong
OR email to: RM1@hkairport.com
Closing date: 7 May 2013
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not invited for interview within eight weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.